Words from Lyndon:
Races to Places was the dream adventure, riding around the world, off-road as much as possible and racing an international cross country race on each continent. To do that required a special bike and that is why I carefully constructed Basil Bike (named after my grandfather) to take on the challenge. It’s an amazing machine that took me 234,000km, 74 countries, 6 continents and many races around the globe, reliably and enjoyably.
Together we filmed hundreds of episodes for YouTube and created the wonderful series “Races to Places”. Basil started life as a KTM 690 Factory Rally bike, he was already a rare machine but a full chassis / engine up rebuild made him more unique, more capable and 100% suitable for the requirements of my trip.
Requests came for replica builds of the same spec and over a period of 10 years I built 34 Lyndon Poskitt Racing Factory Rally Adventure bikes and many more LPR732cc LC4 Adventure / Racing performance engines. Some sit pride of place in living rooms, Basil sits in a museum and others are scattered all over the world taking on their own unique adventures. They say all good things come to an end and recently I decided to draw a close on this chapter and not build any more of these fantastic machines.
I wanted to mark the end of this era with something special and as such, I have managed to get my hands on one more bike, of which will be carefully built into the same specification of Basil Bike for one last time and better still I will give the bike away in a competition / raffle in 2023. The bike will be named Felix, a name with Latin roots meaning fortunate, happy, and lucky. 50% of all profits from the competition will be given to charities close to my heart and experiences from my world travels where people need help and the other 50% will be reinvested into future unique adventures which will generate more content for the motorcycle community.
One lucky person will win this bike, along with free shipping to their home country wherever they are in the world, will it be you? Draw will take place at the 2023 ABR festival in the UK and will be streamed live (connection permitting) and featured on all my media channels.
CLICK HERE to buy tickets and enter to win!
Main Frame & Chassis:
• Modified 690 Factory Rally chassis (all LPR modifications) for strength and durability
• 450 Factory Rally rear fuel tank mounts fitted
• Strengthened upper tank mounts
• Repositioned and strengthened upper shock mount
• Laser cut Tig welded frame identification
• Frame prepared, etch primed and powder coated
• Swing arm, engine hangers, footrest brackets, footrests and triple clamps stripped, etch primed and powder coated
• All moving components packed with waterproof grease
• Full 320mm travel suspension front and rear with strengthened linkage, oversize pins and shock mounts • Twin chamber full travel 48mm WP forks built to Factory specs with uprates spring rates
• Rear Factory rally shock with LPR shim specifications and uprated spring rate
Engine, Transmission and Fuel Delivery:
• LC4 723cc
• Low compression 105mm 3 ring slipper piston (for poor quality fuel)
• Long stroke 84.5mm crank
• LPR Custom high lift, long duration camshaft with smoothed lift for improved longevity of top end.
• Engine rebalanced (primary balance shaft) for stroker crank and new piston.
• Nova Racing wide ratio 6 speed complete gear cassette including new shafts and all gears. Gives lower 1st (for
technical) and taller 6th (for highway) gear ratios while maintaining an even spread between.
• LPR Heavy Duty Clutch
• Billet twin piece clutch cover for trail side clutch fixes
• LPR custom NC machined LPR clutch cover
• Oversize radiator with large cooling fan
• Oil cooler
• Composite air box with large rally Twin Air filter
• FCR41 Carburetor with LPR dyno tune / setup, filtration and quick adjust modifications
• Full stainless steel 1-into-2 header system with LPR modifications
• Twin Akrapovic Titanium Silencers with 50mm exits, swivel inlet, removable dB killers and carbon straps • LPR 1-piece stainless steel left side exhaust bracket
• LPR 1 piece bonded aluminum right side exhaust bracket
• 17 OEM front sprocket
• 49 Moto Master Stealth Rear Sprocket • MotoMaster 520 Gold Chain (lightened)
Wheels and Tyres:
• Woody’s Wheel Works super lite hubs
• Excel A60 Rims 2.15” x 18” rear and 1.6” x 21” front
• X3 superlaced heavy duty stainless steel spokes and nipples
• Repacked Japanese wheel bearings and stainless steel spacers
• Motomaster Factory Rally front disk
• Motomaster Factory heavy duty rear disk
• Brembo racing calipers and sintered pads front and rear
• 2 x 7.5litre Polyethylene front tanks
• 1 x 17litre Nylon structural member rear tank
• Billet fuel caps
• Overcapacity, opaque in line fuel filter system
• High pressure hose and clips installed throughout • CPC Quick disconnects on all tanks.
Bodywork and graphics:
• 3-Piece KTM Factory Rally Carbon Fiber fairing
• Carbon low front fender.
• Bike fully painted in solvent based plasticized paint for durability, baby blue frame and black gloss bodywork. • LPR full coverage heavy duty 3M laminated graphics kit
• Renazco Racing full suede adventure seat.
• Billet adjustable 20-22mm offset triple clamps • Fat bars mounted in PHDS flex mounts
• Cycra Pro Bend hand guards
• ProGrip 714 Rally Grips.
• Double seal billet clutch slave cylinder
• LPR steel lined clutch master cylinder (for longevity)
Electrical & Navigation:
• MD roadbook locating plate with Factory rally control switch (MD roadbook can be fitted if required)
• ICO Racing Rally Max (sensor) and Rally Max-G (GPS) trip computers with LPR remote handlebar controls • Baja Design LED Squadron main beam
• Aluminum LED turn signals
• Ignition switch installed
• Lythium Battery
• 12V power outlet and twin USB port mounted in nav-tower
Luggage System & Protection:
• Full LPR stainless steel symmetrical luggage rack with pannier exhaust protection, powder coated satin black • Top luggage plate
• Enduristan Monsoon EVO (small) pannier system with bottle holders, can holsters and fender packs.
• Enduristan Tornado 2L Duffel bag and Enduristan 4H tank bag
• Factory Rally stainless radiator guard
• ProSeal lower bush guard
• LPR Aluminum bash plate with twin water tight tool cases
• Double Take adventure mirrors
• Full LPR tool kit mounted in nav tower for easy access
• 2 x Enduristan Rally Packs mounted on sides of nav tower for spare parts • Garmin GPS mountable in roadbook position (not installed)
CLICK HERE to buy tickets and enter to win!